Hi There & Welcome To Saving Money Camping!
I’m Gretchen, a sneaker-loving, jeans-wearing, wanna-be outdoorsey mom of one beautiful little girl. My husband loves camping, and while I lean more towards “glamping” I’ve come to realize that true camping can not only be good for the body, it is good for the soul.
Done right, it can be the ultimate frugal family adventure – and I’m going to show you how to get it done right.
I’ve come to see that camping brings out everything that is beautiful about family & friendship, which is why I started this website:
To Help You Prepare For Camping [Even With Young Children]
To Show You That Camping Can Be Affordable
And to show you that you don’t have to go “glamping” in order for camping to be comfortable and fun.
10 Things You Might Not Know About Me:
- I majored in accounting in college. Boring? Maybe to some, but I absolutely loved it!
- I now work from home, for myself. I work in corporate America as an accountant for a couple of years, but then unexpected events led me to take this “blogging thing” full time. I’ve now replaced my accounting job’s income with my self-employment income.
- My husband is in the National Guard. He is a Heavy Equipment Operator, and loves it.
- For the first year-and-a-half of my daughter’s life, my husband was a stay at home dad. I can honestly say he was awesome at it.
- I am horrible at decorating, but want our house to look both beautiful and lived in. It’s not always the best combination.
- I never travel without my Karma hotspot. Because while camping is awesome, I really need my internet for a little bit every day.
- My dog, Silas, is half Mastiff, and although he’s super sweet, he’s huge.
- Caramel and chocolate are my absolute favorite foods
- I’m a Christmas freak
- I always, always, always, overpack.
If You’re New Here –
Or, sign up for my newsletter and never miss a post from Saving Money Camping!